Visiting a berry picking farm is a fun way to spend time with family and friends this summer, all while getting your hands on some delicious fruit grown right here at Rulfs!
Picking raspberries at Rulfs
Please drive down to the raspberry u-pick fields, park and check in at the trailer. Fields are open 7am-5pm daily. Nearing the end of the season (late July, early August) hours will change to 7am-3pm.
You are welcome to bring your own containers this year!
Please respect the Rulfs property, our employees, and the rules for u-pick - we want everyone to enjoy their berry picking experience with us!
Note: To protect the integrity of the food we grow, please leave your dogs at home when planning to berry pick at Rulfs.
Our u-pick raspberries are $5.00 per lb.
Fresh instore are $5.00 per pint.
Raspberry picking tips
- Raspberry bushes don't have thorns, but they can be prickly, so bear this in mind when picking!
- Ripe raspberries are deep in color with a plump, soft but firm feel. When picked it will pull free from the plant with only a slight tug. The center will stay on the plant.
- Pick only the fully ripe berries! Look between the stems for hidden berries ready to be picked. Try bending down and looking up into the plant - you may find berries other people missed!
- A good way to pick is to hold the stem with one hand, while picking with the other.
- Don't overfill your containers or try to pack the berries down.
- Avoid placing the picked berries in the sunlight any longer than necessary. It’s better to put them in the shade of a tree or shed than in the car trunk or on a car seat. Cool them as soon as possible after picking!
- Don’t wash the berries until you’re ready to use them or freeze them. Washing makes them more likely to spoil.
- Refrigerate! Right after picking, place raspberries in the fridge. Lightly cover the container if your fridge tends to dry out produce.
- Raspberries are less perishable than blueberries or strawberries, but refrigerate them as soon as possible after picking.
- Even under ideal conditions raspberries will only keep for a week in a refrigerator, so for best flavor and texture, use them as soon as possible after purchase!