Come join our retail store staff! We're looking for people to become part of the Rulfs team. Students with a strong work ethic are encouraged to apply - we are willing to work around school schedules! 🙂
Here's some important info to consider:
- This can be a PT or FT position
- Weekends and holidays are required, no exceptions
- Applicants must be at least 16 years old
- Our store hours are 6 am - 6 pm daily; store associates must be available until 6:30 pm
- Must have reliable transportation and be a timely employee
- This can be a labor intensive position that includes being on your feet for hours at a time
- Serious applicants only!
What is a Sales Associate, exactly?
A sales associate is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service, processing sales quickly, accurately and efficiently; cash register operations and safeguarding company assets.
Duties & Responsibilities for this role:
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Accurately and efficiently ring on registers and accurately maintain all cash at the registers.
- Accurately take bakery, breakfast and lunch orders and submit them to the kitchen.
- Accurately take orders for deliveries of firewood, mulch, topsoil, garden mix, etc.
- Accurately take orders for specialty items such as gift baskets, apple shippers or gift shippers.
- Tray and display bakery items made fresh daily.
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Maintain orderly appearance of register area and supplies stocked.
- Keep store fully stocked and cleaned.
- Accurately complete open or closing checklist.
- Cleaning and sanitizing retail space, coolers and bathrooms.
- Any other tasks as assigned by any manager.
What should an applicant be able to do?:
- Ability to communicate with coworkers and customers.
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods and to move and handle items throughout the store.
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including evenings (until 6:30 pm), weekends and holidays, as needed.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: Based on experience
We'd love to hear from you if you think you'd be a good fit for this position. And please spread the word to any friends or loved ones you think might be interested, too! We'll be posting on Facebook and would appreciate shares! If you are interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out an application in our store.