Come join the Rulfs family! We are excited to be looking for a new team member. Could you or someone you know be a good fit as our new Full-Time General Laborer/Delivery Driver?
We are looking to hire as soon as possible. The applicant for this position must be available on weekends and holidays as needed, no exceptions. Hours are 8 am to 4 pm with two days off during the week. You must be self motivated, reliable and not afraid of hard work!
You can express interest in this position by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can fill out an application in our store. Hourly wage will be based on experience.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Delivery Driver – produce, firewood, mulch, etc.
- Assists in loading mulch, topsoil, etc during the spring/summer.
- Plowing snow during winter months as needed.
- Field work as needed.
- Greenhouse Department – mix soil, fill pots, move plants, water plants, etc. Assists customers when asked.
- Produce Department – help sort/pack produce. Transport apples from storage to retail building as needed.
- Ensures firewood and straw are in front of the store for resale.
- Stacks firewood.
- Uses forklift to help unload eliveries from vendors.
- Must be willing to learn how to press cider.
- Bottle cider as needed.
- Building and vehicle maintenance as needed.
- Driving farm equipment – tractors, loaders, dump truck, box truck, etc.
- Assisting with feeding, watering and cleaning petting zoo animals.
- Assist with maintenance of H-2A farm labor camps.
- Lawn mowing and upkeep of landscaping at main Rulfs Orchard location.
- Applicant must have a valid NYS driver’s license.
- Applicant must have some experience driving farm equipment.
- Be ready, willing and able to do any job asked of you by management.
💪 This can be a labor intensive job so please take that into consideration when applying. If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to email@example.com or fill out an application in our store. We look forward to hearing from you - and please share this info with anyone you know who might be interested!