We're excited to announce some new positions available on the Rulfs team! Check out the info below and we'd love to hear from you if you are interested. Download the application at the link, or stop in-store and fill one out soon!
Download an application HERE
Rulfs Orchard is on the lookout for PT Cashiers for our spring/summer/fall season. Please see the job description for a general list of daily duties. Applicants must be at least 16 years old, must also be available to work until 6 pm daily and weekends are a must. Students are encouraged to apply. Applications are available in our retail store.
Must be a mature and dependable individual.
A cashier is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service, processing sales quickly, accurately and efficiently, cash register operations and safeguarding company assets.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Accurately and efficiently ring on registers and accurately maintain all cash at the registers.
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Maintain orderly appearance of register area and supplies stocked.
- Keep store fully stocked and cleaned.
- Accurately complete open or closing checklist.
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by any manager.
- Ability to communicate with coworkers and customers.
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods and to move and handle items throughout the store.
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
Rulfs Orchard is looking for PT/FT Greenhouse Assistants. Please see the job description for a general list of daily duties. Applicants must be available to work until 6 pm and weekends are a must. Students with a love for outdoors and greenery are encouraged to apply. This position is seasonal but could lead into other opportunities within the company!
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Working under our greenhouse manager and following her lead on maintaining all greenhouses.
- Mix soil and fill pots as needed.
- Assist customers with questions and desired plant, soil and hard good selections.
- Ring on cash registers as needed.
- Water, groom, move or create displays for plants daily.
- Help unload and put away new plant material and hard goods.
- Help maintain the greenhouses’ physical cleanliness and organization.
- Work with other departments as needed.
- Accurately tag selected materials for later customer pickup or delivery.
- Most importantly, provide excellent customer service!
- Any other tasks as assigned.
- Must be able to work well with customers and co-workers in a positive, professional manner.
- Must be able to stand, bend, and do repetitive tasks for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs. on a repetitive basis.
- Available to work most weekends and holidays.
- Able to follow instructions and willing to learn.
- Must be responsible, reliable and accurate.
- Must have some knowledge of plants, plant care and culture or horticulture experience.
- Must be a friendly and motivated team player!
Resumes can be sent to email@example.com for review and applications can be downloaded from HERE and dropped off to the store.
Pay will be based on experience. We look forward to hearing from you!